Can people on Facebook see photos in albums hidden from them when their friends are tagged?
Question by Rhendy /

I posted an album and customized it by hiding it from certain people. I tagged a girl in every photo. If she is friends with one of the people I hid the album from, are they going to be able to see it on her page in the photos she’s tagged in?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• privat

I have the same doubt. From what I understand from your comments you are speaking about blocked friends. What about friends that are not blocked? For example I tagged person X in a photo and I chose to hide from person Y. If person Y is a mutual friend of me and person X what happens? Because privacy settings states that all friends of person X (tagged) can view the photo. What about that particular mutual person Y? I want to hide from person Y only this particular photo, not all my activities. Thank you!

• joseph

I have a similar question, but slightly different, and it is annoying that people clearly did not understand the initial question. MY question is, if I post something on MY wall that I specifically hide from person x, but in that post I have tagged persons y and z, both of whom are friends of mine AND friends of x, what happens? The post is now on the walls of y and z, because I tagged them in it. X cannot see it on MY wall, because I opted to hide the post from X; but X see Y and Z’s wall since they are friends as well. Can X see this particular post on Y and Z’s wall, or, since I’m the one who originated the post, and elected to hide it from X, is it hidden from X even on Y and Z’s wall? [This has NOTHING to do with anyone being “blocked.”]

Since it is YOUR post on their wall, it will still be hidden from X at least until your friends do something else with it (repost it on X’s wall?).

• paintbox

^thanks!

• haylee

I have someone on facebook that I have blocked. A mutual friend has just told me that she has added them on facebook. My question is can the blocked person see photos that I am tagged in on our mutual friends page or do I just disapear all together. Also can the blocked person see any posts or updates on our mutual friends page.

• Jay.0

The person you blocked is able to see the photo you are tagged in, if it is on the profile of your mutual friend.

he will see your name in black/grey letters , unlink links of the profile of other tagged people.

your second question:
      If you post something on your mutual friends wall/timeline, it will not be visible to the blocked person.

(based on test results of 7th Feb 2012)

• Suzane_2104

my friend had send request to my friends, but wen i check the list in her profile its is not showing the friends name…how can i get to know which friends she had added

• Jeff Fabish

Hi Rhendy,

If one of her friends [who is not blocked] is viewing your album, she will be able to see that the girl is tagged. I think that if you block someone, then tag them in a photo (although suspicious) will not write to their wall that they have been tagged. 

– Jeff

• Rhendyamador

No, the girl I tagged has a mutual friend. THAT mutual friend is the one I blocked. I want to know if he can still see photos the girl is tagged in even though I blocked him from viewing my album. B/c you know how everyone has an album that is called “photos of so-and-do” that ate photos we’ve been tagged in? Can he see the photos in her tagged photos?

• Jeff Fabish

Rhendy,

I apologize. If you block someone, they can not view your profile at all, so no – he won’t be able to see the photos that she is tagged in (or any other photos that you uploaded for that matter). Additionally, he won’t be able to view anything in relation with you and the mutual friend.

From Facebook (link):
      “A block prevents specific people from viewing your profile (timeline). Any ties you currently have with the people you block will be broken (friendship connections, friend details, etc.). ” [2] “In addition, they will not be able to see your Wall (timeline) posts, comments on mutual friends’ Walls (timelines), or that you are a member of the same group as them.”

– Jeff

Check your privacy settings, set your album privacy to
      friends only.

and go to privacy settings > how you connect and change the last option to friends only.

who can see Wall posts by others on your profile?

and also set tag visibility to friends only.

then photos of so- and- do will not display your private pics to the friends of persons who are tagged.

I have experienced this.

I am sure once you apply the above settings,
      the tagged pics of their friends from your private album will be invisible to them.

whether you block them or not, so you don’t have to block all your mutual friends :D

A person can tag his friends only.
      Once you block someone, you can’t see each other,
      and you are not friends with each other obviously.

The only possibility is of : if a mutual friend tries to tag a blocked person.
      Facebook will not allow to tag the blocked person.

• Trololo!

I don’t have anything to add about FB tagging. I just wanted to say I totally lol’ed at the, um, “expressions” in Jeff’s profile heading XD

• Jeff Fabish

No offence, but ???(?_?)??? (: