Why does my PC’s internet connection drastically slow down after a long session or when woken from sleep mode?

Brennan October 27, 2014

I have a Lenovo Windows 8 Desktop with an i5 CPU and a terabyte drive.

Lately I have noticed that when my computer has been on for awhile or when I wake it up after it has gone into sleep mode, it drastically loses internet speed. For example, I can barely upload a low quality video to YouTube when I can normally buffer a 1080 video in a few seconds. I also play games frequently and my ping goes through the roof and can’t do anything untilĀ  I restart. I have to constantly restart my computer and its not even a year old. I’ve tried cleaning my computer up a bit like garbage files and cookies, and also making sure I don’t have too many programs running in the background.

By the wayt, I am connected wirelessly to my router which is about 10 feet away which I wouldn’t think would have any sort of issue because the wifi on my computer is pretty solid.

What are my next options?

1) go to device manager
    2) Locate network adapters, right click on it and choose uninstall (do not delete)
    3) Reboot
    check if this will help you
    if you have virtual wifi adapters in the device manager uniinstall them or disable.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/

1. Open Device Manager
    2. Right-click on the wireless network adapter.
    3. click on Properties
    4. click the Advanced tab
    5. Uncheck the Network Card's Power Saving if there is one.