Why can my second PC not connect to the internet via wireless?
Question by Ian chiew /

How to go about connecting my second computer to the internet via wireless?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , .
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Smart Home Gadgets
Smart Home Gadgets
Home Entertainment
Home Entertainment

• Kevinroot

I have a similar problem my new pc finds the network but keeps saying the password is wrong this is a replacement pc for 1 that crashed that worked fine on this network

Connecting a second computer to your home internet network
    http://www.digitallanding.com/tv-hdtv/article_display.cfm/article_id/4429

Right click on the lan1 or lan 2 and go to properties, under the "sharing" tab check the "Allow other network users to connect through this Internet connection". Click apply and okay.

you need to manually assign your PC's IP to whatever it was before you enabled sharing the Internet connection through this computer. Then you can Assign the laptop its own ip in the range of 192.168.0.1 .

How to share one Internet connection with another computer using Vista?
    http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/02/21/how-to-share-one-internet-connection-with-another-computer-using-vista/

Ian,

we need a few more details to help you.

I assume you can see your wireless network on the second computer and then you are trying to connect. What exactly happens, when you try to connect your second computer to your wireless network?

If it simply doesn't connect, maybe you misspelled the network key. Did you double-check that the key is correct?

Can you share a few details about your current network setup?

I assume you are using a wireless router. Is your router set to allow a second computer to connect? Did you check in router settings whether MAC filtering is enabled?

• Ian chiew

The first computer connected directly to internet from the router by Lan cable via the modem . Like you have mentioned i can see wireless network on my second computer but it said your are offline. Please tell me what's the problems and how to go about it.  Thanks & Regards