What do you know about PayBox.me?

Joan White January 17, 2011

I am seeing ads for PayBox.me. They are claiming they are going to be bigger than PayPal. Do you have any info on them?

Love your company BTW. I’m a senior and untill I became acquainted with you I was struggling to find out how to make things work. Now everyone comes to me for their tech questions and I turn them onto you. Thanks for being there.

1. John Bonzo

Give PayBoxme a chance. Check out the site and read the blogs over the past month. If things would work the way they are planned, it could be big. Then again a new company in such a market could die on the vine. I'll stick with it and see how things play out. I'm not going to lose any money and I'm going to give it a chance.
    Bonzon

2. Max

Paybox.me is a BIG SCAM ever. They sell clicbank (scam) product. Be carefull. Dont waste your time.

3. Jonee

Thanks for the answers. I suspected it was a scam but if it wasn't would have been good to get in on the ground floor.

I don't think they are going to be around for long since paybox is a registered trademark in the US (owned by Sybase). Being located in the US paybox.me will soon have a problem with the trademark owner.

Beside of the things mentioned above I also suggest to read the ToS:

"Account Balances"
    For all we know when the project does go "live" 1000$ on paybox could be worth 0,01 USD.

"Modifications to the Service"
    Chances are you have 1000$ on your account and will get nothing.

5. nm

Hi Joan - I'd be weary of any service that offers to pay you money just to join. Googling them, one of the first things that come up is an article questioning whether or not it's a scam.

There's a few interesting opinions here that might help you out:

http://www.scam.com/blog.php?b=9582
    http://www.assetinvesting.com/business/paybox-me-scam-explained/

My personal inclination is just to avoid a site like that.