How much should I pay for social media marketing?

Kareena December 12, 2010

Do you think $400 is too much to pay someone to market my new business using social media? He sent me a contract.
Thank you in advance.

1. John Flynn

If someone is charging you only $400 then they have no idea what they are doing.  Average cost for social media is $100 an hour and you would need a minimum of 15-20 hours to get everything set up and running properly and then a minimum of 5-10 hrs monthly (and that's minimum) for content.  Do the math and you are looking at a whole lot more than $400 a month.  However, the results are worth it.  Remember this...check around, look into different companies, look at their results and the amount of work they've done and then finally get what you pay for...

2. Sharath.seo

I think that figure is have lots of firms providing that service for very less.once check the following companies providing that service.choose which suites for your requirement.

thank you!

I t depends on experience of the person doing it for you and the goals to be achieved. Based on my experience with professionals in the field I would say that 400$ is very little. If we are to hire a professional company in the field we would have to pay a sum close to that amount for an hour of their work.

what does he want to do for you? Will he only set up accounts for you and show you what you need to do or will he market your business through his existing channels and for how long?

It's hard to judge whether $400 is fair without knowing what the contract is about.

5. Abhishek

this can help you . the cheapest way to get most out of social media