How can I paste photos into eMails in Google Mail?
Question by kchopra /

I am not able to paste images in my eMail when I send them through GMail. Kindly suggest path.

I tried many times, could not do it after making a copy of image and pasting in my eMails, failed all the times.

Look forward for suggestion ASAP.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Ngoc

you need to use chrome or safari as a browser, according to this LH article:
    http://lifehacker.com/5536914/gmail-adds-drag+and+drop-picture-insertion

Gmail just picked up another desktop-like drag-and-drop feature, less than a month after giving attachments that convenience. Starting in Chrome, and coming to other browsers soon, you can now drag pictures into messages to embed them in a message.

You don’t even need the “Inserting Images” lab enabled for drag-and-drop picture insertion to work. Simply drag an image to the spot where you want it, click the “Change image” link to resize, if needed, then finish up and send it on its way. Neat stuff, and hopefully coming to at least Firefox very soon.

• Jessica Cam W.

If you enable the Labs feature called “Inserting Images by Kent T.”, you should have an option to insert images in the body of your message. http://i54.tinypic.com/b3k4lv.jpg

If not, you can usually copy and paste images that are published on a webpage. For example, if you try copying a whole article in MakeUseOf with screenshots and everything (to share the article with a friend or something), and paste that onto the body of a Gmail message (using gmail.com’s standard version, not the basic HTML version, and not a desktop mail client), it should work. I’ve done it plenty of times.

You can’t, however, paste images that are on your hard drive, unless you use the option to insert images like mentioned above, which lets you browse your hard drive.

What exactly did you try to do?

Did you copy the image and paste it into the eMail body in Google Mail?
    As far as I can see it’s not possible to add the image inside the eMail body.

What you should do is attach the image file. There is an ‘Attach a file’ link below the Subject field. Simply click it, then browse for your image and click the Open button. The image will be uploaded to GMail and sent as an attachment to that eMail.

This is the only way I am aware of. However, I don’t regularly use the web interface of Google Mail.