How can I password-protect an EPUB file?

Saumil Mehta November 29, 2010

I need to password protect my EPUB files. Is it possible?
-saumil

1. R.vinoth

hi how to lock the image in epub fileĀ 

2. Tairshok

@Jd_shah for Kindle it is pdf, you can protect pdf with a password, once you tried to open it on Kindle (official firmware that comes on it), it will ask you for the password before showing anything.this will not work with Kindle if using Duokan firmware (Developer alternative firmware). however, pdf files are not that good on 6 inch screen specially if they were scanned.
    If they were text made pdf files, then you can convert them to text (txt files) then reconvert them back to pdf files page size A6 with less margin, make the font around 24pt, for all of that you can use Calibre software, but for pdf encryption you will need to use different software, but all free.

3. Jd_shah

what is the best format to sell the ebooks in - security wise?

4. Saumil

yes it should work thx

• Moon_pon_tick

But couldn't someone unzip the file and gibe away the epub?

5. jhpot

So far as I know this isn't possible, but you could put an epub file into a password-protected ZIP file. Would that work?