What else can I do after trying everything I can think of to pass Facebook’s security check?

Stacy Pellom October 6, 2012

Last Friday after I had not been on facebook for about an hour I tried to go on through the app on my phone and a message popped up saying that there was a problem and that they needed to open a browser. I clicked OK and I was redirected to a security check and told to enter a code that was sent via text message to a cell phone number that I no longer have access to.

I haven’t had that number for about 7 months or more, never had a problem with this before and I always use my phone for Facebook. I have tried changing my password and was asked to wait 24hrs twice, only to be sent to the same page again. I even had the code sent to a new email, still the same thing happened.

I have filed report after report and their only reponse was for me to send them ID to identify me as the account holder which I have and I haven’t heard a word from them. I have answered my security question successfuly I’ve done everything I can think of. Does anyone have any advice?

1. Muhammad Idrees

Also once you are back logged in I strongly suggest the first thing you do is change your recovery options like the 7

2. Muhammad idrees

I have filed report after report and their only reponse was for me to send them ID to identify me as the account holder which I have and I haven’t heard a word from them. I have answered my security question succe

3. Muhammad idrees

haven’t had that number for about 7 months or more, never had a problem with this before and I always use my phone for Facebook. I have tried changing my password and was asked to wait 24hrs twice, only t

4. Muhammad Idrees

During the Citadel coup attempt, al-Jilani can be heard through ... trying to find out what went wrong and how to continue the invasion as ..

5. James Maciel

congrats on getting the account back

• Stacy Pellom

I didn't get it open yet i clicked resolved by mistake

6. Aditya Roy

Hi stacy, you can ask your friends for help. for details goto: https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=228169557197326

• Stacy Pellom

I can't find a link to do that the code link Aditya Roy gave only takes you to the help page that doesn't give you a real answer

7. Jan Fritsch

My suggestion is to wait for them to verify the ID. I can't give you any direction as to how long this will take ~ after all they have millions of users to support.

Also once you are back logged in I strongly suggest the first thing you do is change your recovery options like the 7 month old phone number etc.

• Muhammad idrees

Also once you are whay this is happen back logged in I strongly suggest the first thing you do is change your recovery options like the 7