Why are parts of the Windows interface ghosting on my PC?

John Fahlsing October 26, 2011

Sometimes I see parts of my desktop ghosting through other applications, like my web browser. Does anyone know why?
The screen refresh rate is 60hz, the resolution is 1366 X 768, and the monitor is a few months old.

1. rey so

Yes , it is also possible regarding video driver, or when you run some application program that have a resolution graphics if that happened there is an issue in the old monitor, your monitor have some limitation or not compatible to the video controller that capable to auto adjust the resolution for certain application when it run...

2. rey so

Ref. to your question above, as you said you say like ghosting in the monitor when you plug the monitor to the video connector in your laptop. Check out this ..maybe your monitor is not compatible to theĀ  frequency signal outputted from the video connector of your laptop, try to adjust the resolution settings of your laptop to a very low resolution like 800 x 600 and check if work , try to adjust again until you get thats only the maximum frequency resolution settings for you monitor., there is an issue in your video graphics and your monitor...And also check if there is a lose o pin broken in video connector, if still the problem exist try another monitor if you have..and if the another monitor fix the problem check the spics and the differences in the original monitor you see this ghosting picture..it is possible also that the monitor is busted or the horizontal and vertical syn on the monitor have a defect or need to calibrate but the repair man, don't try to open the monitor there is 25KV inside so not safe. or if the price is near to the new one when it need for service repair..you have to buy new one than to repair...I hope will help and answer your question.

remove your graphical card and see if using motherboard graphical card yopu still have the same problem.

That is spooky.

Is it only a few programs that do it and how often does it do it? Is there any pattern? I highly doubt it's your monitor, as your monitor only displays output from the graphics driver, all subsequent problems most likely originated from the video card (or driver). It sounds like a software issue, so update your graphics drivers.

I recommend making a screenshot to see whether it's an actual hardware burn-in issue or a graphical bug.

Next time it occurs press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then open up MS Paint or whatever image application you have an paste the screenshot using CTRL + V.

If it's an hardware issue I would simply return the monitor since it's only a few months old.

Otherwise I recommend downloading and installing the latest graphics driver for your video card.