Why can’t partitions made with EASEUS partition manager be seen during Ubuntu installation?

Rajeev Dandu May 12, 2012

I made partitions with EASEUS Partition Manager 9.1.1. I made 1 primary partition for Windows 7 and 5 logical paritions. Before making paritions, I tried to install ubunt 12.04 64-bit and at that time I am able to see all partitions and unallocated space in my 500 GB hard disk.

After making paritions with EASEUS , again I tried to install Ubuntu 12.04, but I am not able to see the partitions and it’s showing that I have full 500 GB and not any partitions.

Is this because I made partitions with EASEUS?
I am able to see those partitions in Windows 7.
How to solve this?

1. Oron

No, it makes no difference _how_ you made the partitions. EASEUS is as good a program as any other. It is more likely to be that you created only logical partitions (rather than at least one primary partition), or that the partition format wasn't recognised by Ubuntu.