Is Partition Assistant good for resizing hard drive partitions?

shiny October 13, 2010

I am a green hand in managing HDD partition and found Partition Assistant Home Edition on CNet.com. You know it is really a good download site.

I want to know whether anyone has tried this software and could give me some suggestions about it. I have much data and many files on my disk and I never want to have anything risk.

1. Gmnelson

I´ve used mini tool-partition wizard home edition (free) ver 5.2 with good results on my Vista home basic 32 bit system, you can use it on a live running system and you can also downdoad a bootable cd version (which I feel is safer). they advertise it can be used on win 2000/xp/vista/7 & server 2000/03/08 32/64 bit and support bootable usb flash drives and linux ext2&3 file systems. available from http://www.partitionwizard.com.

2. Sagar Agarwal

i feel acronis disk director is good

• Danniel Hs

I've never used partition assistant. I always believe those with good brand.
      Disk director is a good one, but it is not the best choice for home users and small business users, and it seems too expensive than others;
      easeus partition manager is also a good solution with free version and cheap professional version for personal users. I used it to do re-partition my system, works well.

3. Selvakumar

I would suggest you to use Easeus Partition Manager. It is a freeware and does the job much better. I partitioned my 500 Gb harddisk with it without any data loss. However as Jshm2 suggested any software can go horribly wrong. So better have a backup before starting a partition.

4. Jshm2

It's OK but as with any software it can go horribly wrong, so you should always backup before hand. Paragon Partition manager is the best you can buy along with the classic partition magic.

I have no experience with this software. I just wanted to add that you no longer need additional software for creating hard drive partitions or changing their size in Windows Vista or Windows 7. Both operating systems come with an internal tool that work perfectly fine. Read this article for instructions.