How can I have a panoramic picture across multiple desktop displays using Windows 7?
Question by Ray /

Most cell phones and cameras now have ability (it seems) to take panoramic pictures (very wide).

Is there a way to get them to display across several desktop monitors on my Windows 7? That means have one picture flow across the display boundaries?

My desktops are my window to the world and this would be quite a nice feature.

• RayInLV

You can flag this as resolved.

As the person that posted it, you should have been able to resolve the question yourself. The link is directly below the Browser/System/Tagged list.

• Ray

thanks tina, I just looked at several of my others and they do not show the dialog. I think it’s because they were entered before the new login when I used RayInLV vs the Ray that Yahoo profile sets up. But will keep trying, as I have a couple new questions comming

• RayInLV

Had to leave a track of how nice this looks. Couple more monitors and I could be there. Here’s a link to a print screen of my desktops. They are different sizes, but that makes almost no impact in the real life. (seems bigger in the screen print than it is when you have it up.)

• Jj

Simply make your image the size of your two (or more) desktops ihorizontal width and set the image to “Tile”. For example, I have two monitors of a resolution 1680×1050. Find an image at 3360×1050 and it spans the two monitors nicely.

there are some software that deals with multimonitors perhaps they can help?

Dual Monitor Tools

• RayInLV

dualmonitorTool (3rd on your list) works quite well. you can set up and make the picture or pictures span nicely. Looks really nice with the mountains here in Las Vegas.

Once set up you can save it in the
      Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization and pull it up easily.

Thank you for the guidance, to top it off this is free stuff with free source code.

• RayInLV

Dual Monitor Tools works great. It is free and the Source code is available too. I actually put 2 side by side pictures (that are not panoramas) that look continuous. Mountains South of Las Vegas. Looks real good.

I typed this in twice. Hope it makes it this time.