Why does my Panasonic DVD player not bump up my signal picture?

Dr Johnny Siu Chong July 25, 2011

I have a Panasonic DVD player that’s supposed to boost up my picture signal to that of my Panasonic plasma TV (1080 pi), but does not do so with the HDMI cable. In fact the signal picture is only 480pi (the info button on my RCU gives me this info). Panasonic say the DVD player is supposed to sense the highest quality signal capability of the TV and match it.

Ok, if there is no such settings on your player, what you tried making sure your tv is set to hdmi?

Hello, I would say you have to go into your panasonic player settings and make sure to select 1080i as your preferred/default definition.

• Johnnysiuchong

There's no such setting on my dvd player, the manual states that the dvd player sensesĀ  ythe optimum signal level of the tv and AUTOMATICALLY boosts the picture signal to match it .... but it simply does not happen

3. Johnnysiuchong

WHAT'S THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION REGARDING PANASONIC DVD PLAYER NOT BOOSTING THE VIDEO SIGNAL