How can I pair iPhone and iPad?

Jude September 20, 2010

They won’t seem to pair. I made it through part of the process trying to pair iPhone and my Mac, but the main computer says paired and the iPhone just says searching for forever. Any ideas

1. Rv

Swangle's blog has "How to PAIR ipad and iphone withOUT Jailbreaking".
    Basically go into the bluetooth setting on BOTH devices and have them recognize each other so the "is this number displayed on the screen" message gets displayed. worked for me. It is also listed on the iphone's "Personal Hotspot" screen.

Did you manage to pair those two devices? Whcih of the above recommended methods worked best for you?

3. Bakari

This article talks about how to use the iPad Camera Kit to pair both devices:

possible your he iPhone's bluetooth connection wasn't assigned to the Bluetooth PAN. In Network Preferences Icreate a new service and attach it to the Bluetooth PAN. name it "iPhone Internet" for easy reference. After go to the Bluetooth icon on the desktop, you know the little one next to the Airport icon at the top next to the time. choose my iPhone and an option will pop up to "connect to network". do that, and 3 dots will show up in the Bluetooth icon and "internet tethering" will showeup on the iPhone. Dont forget to turn tethering on.

try this
    Choose your carrier network and download the profile. After this, reboot the iphone, you will see in "Settings->General-->Network" the "Tethering" option, set to "on" and your share connection should work.;title

try to connect them at the EXACT same time. Sounds stupid, but it's worked 3 times in a row.