Which P2P torrent client works both in Windows 7 and Ubuntu?

Sahil May 23, 2010

Which are the best bit torrent clients that can work both in Windows 7 and Ubuntu?

I am using bitcomet, but unfortunately it is not compatible with Ubuntu,
so I need a BitTorrent client which is compatible, fast, more features than bitcomet and simply the best in both operating systems.

1. Thatguy

DELUGE hands down!!

2. Josh Fox

Personally, I use QBittorrent, which was originally designed for a QT based desktop like KDE, but also works with GTK (Gnome, XFCE, etc.) and they've also released a Windows binary that works extremely well, but is a version behind. I still prefer it over most Windows torrent clients, plus it's rather light and resource friendly.

3. Srinivas G

Even I'd suggest Deluge - truly "cross-platform". It's a pretty heavy download, but totally worth it. The best feature I like in it is the built-in "Blocklist (Peerblock)" support. Even "Transmission" is a good choice with a very simple GUI, but I'd prefer configurability, which I get in Deluge. :)

You might want to try Azureus/Vuze (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/), a Java based torrent client. I've never tried to use it under Ubuntu, but they do have the Linux version.Another multi platform torrent client that you could try is Deluge (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/deluge-awesome-una...)

5. iSearch

BitTorrent?

6. Steve Campbell

Look into uTorrent. I'm not positive that it works in Ubuntu but it is very light and a fast program.

• sahil

@Steve utorrent is good but it is not compatible with ubuntu....

• Steve Campbell

Sorry about that. I've found a list of programs you should be able to use:

Official Ubuntu Clients

• Chris Davies

That's strange, as it works perfectly for me. Perhaps you need to install the "wine" package

• Josh Fox

Yes, uTorrent works with Wine, but it doesn't let you open torrents directly from your browser in Ubuntu. You have to download the torrent file, then open it in the application.