Who owns Zoho?

Joseph Monticciolo February 29, 2012

I was wondering who owns Zoho.

I’m asking this question because I recently stopped using my Gmail account due to their new policy that they will be implementing as of March 01, 2012, i.e.: they’ll be storing and using personal information about its users [I do not like this] and created a Zoho account, which is an online office suite.

The issue at hand is that when using Zoho calendar, I see my Gmail address as (1) Organizer (2) Created by and (3) Modified by. Why is this?

I still haven’t deleted my Gmail account, but I will in due time. I searched my account and I do not see a way as to remove the latter information concerning Gmail. I searched this question and did not see that Google owns Zoho, however, if someone confirms otherwise then I’ll have to use another web based email service.

This is explained above.  You previously logged into one of the Google services and closed your browser without logging out.  In most cases, the next time you open your browser during the next 2 weeks, any service that allows Google Sign-in will automatically log you in unless you click on the Sign Out option prior to closing your browser or surfing away from a Google service or another entity using your Google Sign-in.

2. Manojkumar

Please change your Primary email address configuration in Zoho accounts, Kindly, follow the below steps for help.

- Login to http://acccounts .zoho.com
    - navigate to Profile >> Email address.
    - edit your primary email address.

3. Joseph Monticciolo

Thank Rodrigo
    As for Zoho email the more I use it the more I find it's better than gmail
    With time I'll be exploring the other component of Zoho Suite
    Once again Thank you

4. Rodrigo Vaca

Joseph -

- Although we partner with Google (and many others for that matter), Zoho is an independent, privately-own company. You can use your Google account to sign-up into our services - but they're just an identity provider to us, we get no information whatsoever on your online searches, and we do not share any information with them about your activity wit us. Google will, of course, know that you're signing into our service. 

- Zoho doesn't carry any ads. Our business model depends on license sales. We don't display any ads in any of our products, not even in our free versions. 

I hope that helps.

best,

Rodrigo Vaca, Zoho

Thanks a lot for sharing this information, Rodrigo!

5. Shadi Alhaj

It is owned by ZOHO Corporation (formerly AdventNet) founded in 1996, is located in Pleasanton, California, United States of America.
    The company is privately held and has taken no venture capital or bank loans. ZOHO Corporation is headed by Sridhar Vembu.

For the second part of your question my first guess would be that you used your Gmail address to sign-up for Zoho.

As already pointed out Google has nothing to do with Zoho. I have never used Zoho myself but the above is the most reasonable explanation why Zoho lists your Gmail address as organizer, creator etc.

7. Christopher Royall

Zoho.com is a division of Zoho Corporation a privately-held and profitable company. With offices in CA, Austin, New Jersey, Chennai, Singapore, Tokyo and Beijing, Zoho Corporation serves the technology needs of more than 50,000 customers worldwide.

While Zoho is not owned by Google, they do work with Google to allow one login for both services.  You can change this by signing out of google services altogether first, and then creating a new account with them.

If you use GMail, you are not automatically signed out of Google, just because you closed the webpage, you have to physically click your email address at the top right, and then click sign out.  Otherwise, whenever you go to anything that is Google owned, or any site that allows for Google Sign in, that information is automatically used.

So to sum up, if you want to get your Google Information out of Zoho, you will be best to first save anything you have to your hard drive from the account (if possible) and then log out.  From there you will have to create a new account.
    However, to let you know, there Terms of Service are almost the same as Google's in regards to using your personal information.  Please see their information regarding this at: http://www.zoho.com/privacy.html.

8. Diane Morris

Hi Joseph, I believe Zoho is owned by Advent Net Development, Velachery, India

9. Dhruv Seth

Google does not own Zoho..... it is owned by Sridhar Vembu, and is an autonomous organization....maybe zoho has some sort of collaboration with google