How do I get my Outlook.com account working on my Samsung tablet and Motorola Droid?

Christine St Syr Griffin October 19, 2012

I had a Hotmail account that was severely tampered with last year. I closed the account and reopened a new one just to have something to keep my Windows PC happy, which i barely used.

Now they have outlook and it seems to have tighter security – so tight I am unable to get it working properly on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet. It constantly is doing a force close even when I am not using it. It was working fine on my Motorola Droid 3 until yesterday now it’s not just doing a force close but hanging up on people when I am talking to them.

I deleted accounts from both devices and check my mail physically on PC. I really am at a loss here, any ideas how to get it working for both devices?

1. shaurya gupta

I use the hotmail app for android.!

2. Christine St Syr Griffin

No im so sorry it is not resolved. I am checking my outlook mail account manually, its a fairly new account so there is not alot going on, but i did want to use it mostly for my home start up business and not get anything business related mixed up with any gmail accounts i have.

3. Christine St Syr Griffin

thank you for responding so promptly. i will give myself some quiet time tmrw and let you know how it goes. and thank you for writing in a a way i can understand
    thanks ever so much....mis. st.syr

• syamasyn aka christine st.syr griffin

ok so far on phone, but still doing force closes on tablet even when i am not using anything to do with hotmail and its like every 10 seconds. frustrating, phone seems fine tho' thanks
      syamasyn......mis.st.syr

Happy to know resolved for the smartphone but sad to know you are facing problem in the tablet. Suggest to update the firmware to the latest available from the respective manufacturers. You can do that by going into settings->about device->software update. Also such force closes can also happen due to too many open applications eating up resources in the device. Would suggest to install a history eraser, a battery saver and a booster application like turbo booster or NQ Android booster application and use it at regular intervals to optimise your device. All these apps are available free at Google Play. Waiting for a feedback. :)

• syamasyn

thank you rajaa, alot of good advice and i did exactly what you suggested except the downloads i usually just manually check whats running and end them myself. But seeing as my system is up to date and theres not alot of anything eating up memory or battery i am at a loss. I know its got to be something super simple and when i figure it out i will be all "duh!" i will try and download one of the apps you suggested and see if it helps. Thanks ever so much.....syamasyn......mis.st.syr

Christine,

I use my outlook.com email account with my Sammy ICS 4.0.4 smartphone. I will highly recommend you to download the official Hotmail client for android from Google Play from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ob3RtYWlsLlo3Il0. and then configure your outlook.com email account on it. It works without a glitch. :)

I use it everyday. It is great. :)

How do you insert smilies in comments?

• Kannon Y

I believe that you have to insert special characters/copy and paste or write it in HTML. The HTML, please ignore the space marks, is written as: & # 9 7 8 6 ;

MUO Answers is HTML friendly, although you can't write pure HTML comments.

Yahoo Answers suggests a variety of solutions for this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080309163013AAsA14O

?