Is there an Outlook toolbar for the Windows XP taskbar?

Gustavo Ibarguengoytia November 1, 2010

I use Outlook a lot at work, but I hate the interface and I have to stick with it. Is there a Toolbar for Windows XP I can use in the Windows Task Bar, like the Desktop Toolbar or the Windows Media Player Toolbar, that enhances and improves my experience and the usability of Outlook?

1. Spamonwry

In Windows XP, you can create a folder on your desktop called "Shortcuts" and drag shortcut icons into it. Then drag the folder up to the top of your screen & it will function just the same as the old Outlook shortcuts toolbar. I used this until I upgraded to Windows 7 - now I use RocketDock by punk software which works OK.
    <<Spamonwry

2. Saikat Basu

I don't think there is an Outlook Toolbar as such for the taskbar. You can always keep Outlook minimized in the system tray. A single click will open it up. I find this to be the most convenient.

The other thing you can do is drag the icon and create a shortcut on the taskbar as you can do with any other programs. (Click Toolbars, and then click Quick Launch)

• Dtortot

That is what I have, but I was looking for something more... accessible.