Is there an Outlook extension for reporting email counts?

Tina Clifton December 7, 2011

I’m looking for an app that when run will report the number of emails in specified inbox & subfolders. Can you help?

1. Tina Clifton

Hi Fidelis, I have Public Folders which I would like to apply this setting to, but the button is available to click. Any suggestions for Public Folders?

2. Tina Clifton

Hi Fidelis, this is good - the folders remain expanded.  But what is starting to annoy me, is that the folder names are displayed in bold now (since I applied the show total number of items setting). 
    Is it possible to keep this setting, but have the folder name not in Bold? 

3. Tina Clifton

Thanks Fidelis, this is Excellent! It works.  But the problem I have is that I need to expand all the folders to see the sub-folders.

This is great for now, but I'm still interested in a report that will advise of items in subfolders, without me needing to expand down to the subfolders.

Hello, did you leave all folders expanded and showing sub folders when you closed outlook?  If you did, Outlook usually remembers the folders that were expanded when closing.  Give it a try, expand all folders to show subfolders and then close outlook.  Other than that, the only way I know, is to make the subfolders main folders.

Another thing that might work is this:

-- open outlook
      -- click on personal folders
      -- on new box that opens, click on personalize outlook today on top right hand corner
      -- on new menu, under startup make sure to checkmark, when starting, go directly to outlook today
      -- under messages, click on choose folders
      -- select all the folders you want shown
      -- click on ok
      -- click on save
      -- close outlook and open it again to see if there is changes

Make sure that all the folders are selected to show the number of items like explained in previous post.  Let me know how it goes.

Hello, this works in the 2007 version:

-- right click on a folder you want to setup
    -- select properties
    -- in the general tab
    -- it will give you a choice of two buttons:  one is for the show total number of items in folder and the other one is for show number of unread items in folder.
    -- select the one with show the number of items
    -- click on apply and then ok