Why does Outlook 2010 not send mail?
Question by franco /

I had Outlook 2007 and used my GMail account to synchronize to my laptop. I purchased Office 2010 and it migrated all my information into Outlook 2010. It works very well but have one problem now.

When I open Outlook 2010, it synchronizes and I receive all my mail, but it leaves mail going out in the sent items. When I try and fix the sent and receive, it shows that it is working and that mail is going out, but it does not.

I have tried different settings but no luck. :-( Can anyone give me guidance or a step by step solution? Thanks in advance! :-)

• RIch Varsay

Usually, sending and receiving mail works smoothly in Outlook.If you are not able to send the mail in outlook then try the …http://online-tech-support.blogspot.in/2012/03/how-to-troubleshoot-sending-email.html

did ha14’s instructions solve your problem? Please let us know. Thank you!

• Franco Sesamo

Hi Tina, Will give it a try tonight and let you know. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Open OUTLOOK
    Select TOOLS
    Highlight the account in question and select CHANGE
    Select ADVANCED
    Change from PORT 25 to PORT 587
    Save everything and restart Outlook

try use SSL instead of TLS

Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook 2010 using POP

• Franco Sesamo

Will try it and let you know. Thanks :-)

• Franco Sesamo

Hi ha14,
      I have done the changes as you suggested and it did the test. It gave me the all ok with the tick for successful for sending and receiving. I restarted outlook and when I send a mail it show sent and received successful but the mail still sits in the outbox. Mail comes in with no problem but when sending it just sits in outbox even though it says sent? Do you have any other ideas what it could be? When I had 2007 it was 100%. I installed 2010 and it did the whole upgrade by itself and since then it gave me problems :-(. Thanks for your assistance and hope you might have some other ideas I could try :-)

Click Send/Receive | Work Offline. Go to the Outbox and delete the stuck messages. Click Send/Receive and Work Offline again.

If you have AVG 2011 or any antivirus, disable and check agaon outlook 2010, some ass ins can do thishttp://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm

you can try this hotfix
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475877Go to the Options panel, then the Advanced option and check the box that says “SEND IMMEDIATELY WHEN CONNECTED” in the Send/Receive option.this issue can be caused by several factors, such as Internet connection, Outlook settings or corrupted outlook profileMethod 1:====================Click the “Send/Receive” tab, then click “Send all”. Method 2: New Outlook profile==============1. Exit Outlook.2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail. Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.Note The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.4. Click Add.5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.6. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile. 7. Try to send the emails in the new profile,might not only be a outlook client problem, but could also be a server setting witch are incorrect/miss configuredUNSTUCK OUTBOX MESSAGESUnblocks stucked messages in Outbox folder.http://www.outlookfreeware.com/en/products/all/OutlookMessagesUnstuck

• Franco Sesamo

Hi ha14, thank you for the quick response. I will try the above this evening and hope it solves the problem. Will keep you posted and have a great weekend ahead.

• Franco Sesamo

Hi ha14, I followed your guide to create a new profile and it is now working 100%. Finally solved the problem thanks to you :-). Have a great week ahead and once again thanks for your kind assistance.