Why is Outlook 2010 no longer rendering html email?

Kenneth Douglas October 24, 2014

I’m using Outlook 2010 and have for years. On Wed this week all my emails, which include my logo, linked-in button with hyperlink, twitter button, etc. worked great and when you read in Outlook you can see all the images. Starting today, it’s all in rich text or non-html and looks like crap. I didn’t change anything in my settings…

I have another email account (POP3) and in the same Outlook any message i see/read there is looks GREAT. The gmail email is the one that when i create the email, in edit mode it looks GREAT…but if i CC myself and open the email, it looks like crap with all my images as attachments, etc.

did you get any windows update just before the problem started?

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    check outlook and see if it will display html.

click the InfoBar, and choose either Display as HTML or Display as Rich Text.

Add-ins are listed under “File Tab->Options->Addins”.
    •Select “COM Add-ins” in the Manage drop-down at the bottom of the “Options->Addins” window and click “Go”. Note: To get to the Options window, click on the File tab first.
    •deselect all add-ins
    •Click OK.