Why do I not see the hibernate button in Windows 7?

Foad Adnani September 2, 2012

My Windows 7 doesn’t have the hibernate button.

I just can do hibernate auto with power option in control panel after PC goes to sleep.

If I completely turn off my PC in turning on, I can not go back to normal, so I have to select normal view and that messes everything up that I have done in hibernate mode.

How can I fix the problem?

1. Gian Singh

Start Orb>Shutdown (Next to it click the arrow)>Hibernate

2. Dimal Chandrasiri

you have probably turned off hibernate in your power profile. turn it on..

Control Panel -> Power Opt -> change plan settings -> change advanced power settings -> sleep -> allow hybrid sleep -> ok :)

Have fun! I hope this is the matter you are facing!

3. Erlis Dhima

I didn't got it to much, but anyway, try to update your Graphic Card! (Sometimes is related. But as it seems, the sleep option is active..)
    Also, hibernating needs more than 1GB of disk free space!

4. Mel Reynolds

Have you checked to see if its your video card?
    Notes The sleep or hibernate options may not be available for one or more of the following reasons:

Your video card may not support the sleep function. In this case, update the driver for your video card, or check the video card information and supported drivers that was included with your computer. For more information, see Update drivers: recommended links.
    Some settings are managed by the system administrator. For more information, see Why won't Windows allow me to change a system setting?
    Sleep and other power saving states may be turned off in the BIOS of your computer. To turn on the sleep function, restart your computer, and then enter the BIOS setup. When your computer starts, instructions typically appear on the screen to indicate the key or keyboard shortcut that you must press to enter the BIOS setup process. Because not all computer manufacturers use the same BIOS, different keys may be assigned for this purpose.
    If the hibernate option is missing, you may have the hybrid sleep option turned on.

5. Eserpess der

GO Enable Hibernate after you log back in...I think that should do it. Also mayby stop using it in Hibernate if your having issues.

6. Usman Mubashir

set "enable hibernate" from power settings.

perhaps is disabled in BIOS, restart your computer, and then enter the BIOS setup and check there to enable.

try this microsoft fix it
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

• Foad Adnani

i have bet work with xp and vista the hibernate was god but now i have problem with win 7 and its quick go to ok for me

• Ibrahim Nadir

you need to go to power settings in the control panel. You will find hibernate enabled at the expense of more memory usage. If your PC do not recover everything the way it was, either your memory is low or you have some problem with your windows or maybe at times with HDD. For now, just try to find the hibernate option and enable it.

8. GrrGrrr

firstly, i'm not clear on ur question, but i'll still try to help.
    Use the link below to turn-off & then turn-on Hibernation.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

By default hibernation is disabled. So once u enable it u can now use hibernation.

If u have already done above or have hibernation configured, do check the power settings and set it accordingly as shown in the below for Section-"Where is Hibernate?"
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7564/how-to-manage-hibernate-mode-in-windows-7/

Let know if it worked.

• Foad Adnani

tnx for advice button is see on ... but if i take hibernate and i full turn off a pc from power switch .. and switch on its normal gets work !

It's difficult for me to understand what you are saying but it appears that you are hibernating a machine then doing a total power-off. When you turn it back on, the machine is not booting to a hibernating state. This is the intended behavior and cannot be changed. When a machine is hibernating, any action with the exception of a complete power-off will return the machine to the running state. This includes a power on after going to the power-off state.

• GrrGrrr

so as I understand, it is working fine now, correct?