How do I keep the original size of my photos after editing in Picasa?

Mardee Saxton August 6, 2012

I am trying to make canvas prints of photos that I have edited in Picasa. The original photo is, for example isĀ 2 MB, but after I edit it in Picasa and save it, it is much smaller–too small to create a quality canvas print.

1. Mardee Saxton

Thanks! Now I know how to export and keep the original size (just tried it and it worked) as long as the frame does not change. Makes sense that cropping it would decrease the pixels. Really appreciate your quick and thorough answers!

2. Rob Hindle

Picasa usually keeps the original photo and a record of changes applied so you can do repeated UNDOs for example. So if you find the original photo on disk rather than through Picasa I think you'll find it is original size.

3. Suman Acharya

here is what I do, after editing.
    >File
    >Export Picture to folder
    >Browse for export location

>Image size: use original size is default or you can resize it to like 1024x768 pixels or whatever size you like
    >Image quality: maximum is default - let it be, there will be other options too.
    >Click Export.
    DONE
    I hope it works.

4. musicphann

Are you exporting the edited photo from Picasa? When exporting there are 2 radio buttons you can select. One is labeled "Original Size" and the other "Resize to." Be sure you've selected "Original Size." If the frame size has NOT changed but it's just the file size that's different, check a few things. Make sure you're exporting it as the same format as it originally was. Also check that no compression is being applied to the photo you're exporting.