How do I organize all programs by the last time they were used in Windows?

Alex June 8, 2014

So I was on the “Uninstall a program” section of the Control Panel, and I tried to organize all programs by the last date they were used on.

Unfortunately, on this page all those fields are blank. Because of this, I am unable to determine the last time a program was used without having to remember it.

Please help me fix this. Thank you.

1. Alex

Thank you all for your effort in helping me solve this situation. However, since I discarded my old computer in favor of a new one, and I'm not certain that the problem will persist, I am putting this thread on ice until I confirm that the problem reappears on my other computer, although that would be rather odd considering it is a totally new computer. Again, thank you all for your hard work to help me out.

Open Uninstall or change a program, on windows 8 if you click on the right empty space you will got more options such as Sort By

Try using IObit Uninstaller, it shows installation dates and even has a section for "recently installed" which can be very useful.