What are my options for an iPhone 4 that won’t charge?

Anonymous April 12, 2014

What can I do if my iPhone 4 won’t charge? It is not the cord. When it is plugged in it was going back and forth between charging and not charging.

Lately it has also been having weird sound issues. Like still making sounds when the sound is turned off.

Is it a battery issue or maybe just the internal parts?

1. Kelsey T

Well, my help might be limited because I have an Android phone, but my daughter's phone (identical to mine) did the same thing you describe with the charging...going on and off and never really charging up at all. I did some research on the web and found out it was a faulty micro sd socket in her phone, where the cord plugs in.
    I know your socket is different on the iPhone, but the principle may be the same.
    I ordered a replacement socket with its little internal circuitry attached, watched a youtube video on replacing it, and did it myself within a half hour. Her phone is good as new now...saved a $400 phone with an $11 part lol.
    Like the other poster said, a hard reset may resolve the problem since you also have the sound issue, which isn't related to charging the phone, so I'd definitely try that first.

maybe to hard reset iphone, or to apply updates if available.
    if it is hard ware problem then you have to seek the right department