What are optimum settings for µTorrent on a 256 kbps connection?

nayan October 7, 2011

I am using 256 kbps unlimited connection with µTorrent on Windows.

Please guide me as to what settings must be made to optimize speedy downloads. Speed fluctuates a lot.

Hi Nayan,

Are you sure you are getting 256 KB/s download? Please take a speed test to find out what your actual download speeds are. The reason I ask is, your BitTorrent download speed and your throughput cap are very different. There are many variables that influence your P2P download speed (it's not always a slow connection).

Please read Optimize Your BitTorrent Download Speed by TorrentFreak. 

Hello, easiest way is to use the presets of the program.  Go into the settings, pick the settings for your speed and it should be good enough.  Of course there are different ways to get more speed but that involves using times to download/upload when there is not much activity, use port forwarding, set up a static port, make sure to pick a high port, etc.  Here is a link that will answer most/all of you questions:

Settings for 256kbps. guess u'll have to multiply everything by *8 for ur 2mbps connectionhttp://www.johntp.com/2006/04/19/how-to-increase-download-speeds-of-utorrent/