How can I optimize Comodo Internet Security 5 to run with µTorrent?

May-one December 28, 2010

I have the same issue with Comodo Internet Security as mentioned in a previous question:

helpMeBrigade asks:
Could someone please help me in finding a PDF or a web article guide on how to set Comodo Internet Security (free) when using it alongside µTorrent?

What I want to know is how to do the same with CIS 5 (Comodo Internet Security version 5.0.16). The interface is very much different from the last versions and it confuses me.

1. Fidelis

If you have a router what you need to do is set a rule for port forwarding. Make sure that you set a static address in your computer and make a note of it. Open your utor program's configuration and change to a higher port. Make note of that port and open your router configuration in your browser. Go to the section for port forwarding and set the rule. There should be an entry for utorrent in your configuration already, all you have to do is type your static ip address and the higher port number. Also make sure that you set the enable it for tcp/udp and that is it. Hope that helps.

2. rudy

i don't know if this is what you are looking for but check out this link http://forums.comodo.com/guides-cis/firewall-tutorial-for-utorrent-with-comodo-internet-security-t15677.210.html