Is there a way to get around the “operation aborted” errors in Internet Explorer?

Bob March 23, 2011

Microsoft explains a problem in which certain pages or sites do not display in Internet Explorer because something in the page attempts to modify it as it is being opened.

One possible solution is to designate sites which produce the error as trusted sites, except that this not works for all sites. Yahoo, for instance, will not display its current e-mail app unless active scripting and other things are enabled in the Internet zone. It doesn’t help if Yahoo sites are designated as trusted sites. Talking to Yahoo doesn’t help, and I’ve yet to find help elsewhere. What else could solve this issue?

Bob,

did you upgrade Internet Explorer or did you find another solution to your problem? Let us know what you decided to do or what did the trick. Thank you!

Hello, I would follow Tina's advice. One thing to consider though, if you are using XP, IE8 is as far as you can go. IE9, is only compatible with Vista and Windows 7.

Bob,

the obvious solution is to not use Internet Explorer. There are many other great browsers out there and you'll be amazed at how much better they are. I love Firefox and I also use Chrome because it's faster.

If you are opposed to switching browsers, which version of IE are we talking about. It says IE7 in the support article you linked. I believe Microsoft just released IE9. So is this a problem with even the latest version? Definitely upgrade to IE8 and possibly to IE9 when all the bugs (that I assume it has) are fixed.

Really, ditch IE and run Firefox or Chrome!!!