Why can I not open MakeUseOf PDF downloads in Firefox using Adobe PDF Reader?

Alan R Vermillion, Sr December 31, 2010

I’m running Firefox with the latest Adobe update and can’t get any downloads from MakeUseOf. The error message says Adobe can’t do that. I run Windows Vista, which has updates almost every day. I often check for updates to my browser and all my software. What’s up with this kind of garbage?

Hey Alan,

Did you try right clicking on the links and using 'Save Link As ...' option. This should download the PDF file to a desired location on your computer.

Alan,

I'm afraid I can not verify the issue you're having. For me, PDF downloads from MakeUseOf work fine on both Chrome and Firefox with latest versions of both programs and Adobe Reader 9 and 10.

Could it be that you accidentally disagreed with the Adobe Reader license agreement? This is just a wild guess, though.

Did you try to download our PDF manuals in another browser, for example Internet Explorer?