How can I open .Ink shortcuts on my Android?

Joakim Simensen October 17, 2012

Hello!
I recently started using dropbox, and have a lot of documents that I need in different orders. A-Z and by date/time.
When I edit one I want to edit both, In Windows this is easy as pie. Just create a shortcut of all the files and sort the shortcuts into groups. But my Android phone can’t open the .lnk files.

My question is then, is there anyway to duplicate the files so they keep synced with my PC and phone and across all groups?
Can I open my documents from more then one folder?
Don’t think I can phrase it any different.

1. Pavel

You can't open .lnk shortcuts, as everyone else said, but you can use a service such as Dropbox to sync your files with your phone. Simply drop your documents in the Dropbox folder and you're ready to go!

Not really, unfortunately.

You can change the file extension on the .lnk file in Android (by long pressing on it) to either .txt or .html. From there, you can manually edit the file in any text editor. The best place to view it in within a browser windows, though.

However, you will have to manually rename the file extension back to .lnk. To my knowledge, no Android app supports reading .lnk files.

If you're like me and are using the .lnk files to manage your own personal documents, then we're both out of luck. Nothing, to my knowledge, will open the target of a .lnk file in Android.

It is easy. Just make shortcuts of both folders on desktop(one where your original files are and the other with your duplicate files). When you make changes to your original files, just copy all the files to the duplicate files folder. Or you can use any free backup program to automate it.

4. Aditya Roy
  5. Bishal Mahat

i think that we cannot open ink files in android cause it is an windows format

Why do you need to duplicate files to be able to sort through them? In windows explorer, you can right click, choose sort and you can sort by name, or date.

Creating shortcuts to files seems like a hassle. Why does using the windows sorting suit your needs?

7. Jonas Nordgren

i might not understand fully your question, but a lnk shortcut is a windows specific format, i doubt it works on android.

• Joakim Simensen

It doesn't and won't. So what I need is another way to duplicate my files so they still get edited as one. Thanks for the fast reply