Why can I not open Facebook on my iPhone?

groupb August 7, 2011

What can I do to get my Facebook icon to open Facebook on my iPhone?

1. Adebusuyi Abiodun

Pls help me to open it

2. Ridhima

I am having the same problem. I open my facebook app after 2 seconds it crashes. Even in the safari I am having this problem. I tried to download the app again but it still doesn't work. What do I do?

• Susendeep Dutta

Try restarting your phone.In Safari browser,clear all browser history,cache,cookies and try accessing Facebook.

• Ridhima

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried restarting my phone many times! It still doesn't work! And even in safari after doing all that it isn't working! :(

• Susendeep Dutta

You can try login with your username instead of email id.This might solve your problem in both scenarios.

• Louise

I had the same problem awhile ago. I tried restarting my iphone but it didn't work even if my internet connection is stable & good. I tried uninstalling & re installing fb and it worked!!! I can useit now.

3. Saba_rudin69

i cannot open face book on my iphone but in safari can on my pc so?????????????

did you try Dave's suggestions?

• Dorothy

i have the same problem right now and this happen on my first time. i did what Dave`s said and it still not working. When i click my FB icon it always appear as like says...Sorry, something went wrong, and Try again....i tried but its the same..And its the same happen now on my Youtube. i can open my YM, Skype and any of my apps except only on my FB and also Youtube.Can u Help me about this?...Thanx...

did you try Dave's suggestions?

did you try Dave's suggestions?

did you try Dave's suggestion? How did you make out? Please let us know whether or not your question is solved. Thank you!

5. Jocelyn

i cannot open my facebook?

first of all, we need more information to be able to help you. How or why does Facebook not open? Did you forget your password? Or did you get blocked? Is there an error message? What does it say?

Secondly, this sounds like an entirely different question than the one above. Thus I recommend that you ask a new question via the respective button in the top left on MakeUseOf Answers.

• Jd

I am having the same problem. When I click on the Facebook icon it acts like it is going to start opening then it quits and goes back to the icon.

6. Dave LeClair

If you are using the Facebook app from the app store I would recommend first restarting your iPhone by holding down the power button and home button until the apple logo comes up. If this does not work than I would try uninstalling the app from phone completely. Then I would go to app store and download it again to start fresh.