Why can I open but not download MakeUseOf PDF manuals?

Ron Carr July 11, 2011

There’s no download button when I try to download a guide. The full guide PDF opens in a window & I can scroll all the way through it but there’s no way to download it. Save as is greyed out. I’m running Windows XP Home and Internet Explorer 8.

1. vitek

Right-Click on the PDF instead of trying to open it, and save as. It will work for sure

2. Sonny Bass

You could print as a PDF. There are several free PDF printers if you don't have one. CutePDF is my favorite. http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

that should work too

p.s. thanks Sonny

Ron,

instead of left-clicking the link to open the PDF manual, try to right-click the link (not the opened PDF) and save it. Please let me know whether that worked.

• Ruimao

As I tried right click on "download it now", follow by click " save as", it can only be save as .HTML file. How can I save it to PDF file? Thanks Tina.

Where exactly do you right-click to open or save the PDF manual? Can you please post the URL to the page here? Thank you!

Please give us the URL where you're seeing this problem so that we can replicate the issue and fix it.