How can I open documents I place on my pen drive?

Manzoor A Shah December 8, 2011

I copy my documents onto my pen drive but cannot open them with my Windows XP computer. Please tell me why I can’t.

1. Thahaa2000

If the pen drive is normally doesn't open, pls try this to open the files. Open my computer and Right click on the pen drive and from pop up menu select search option and give a letter 'a' and search and all the files in pen drive will bill be displayed   

possible you have read option disabled and you have only write option on USB key.

Which is the format of  documents ?
    What error do you receive when you try to open this documents.
    Make sure you are copying the actual files and not the shortcuts.

Manzoor,

Tell me more about what happens when you open the documents on XP (do you get an error message? If so, what does it say?)

- Jeff

• Manzoor Shh

Thank you Jeff, my machine detects the pen drive but when i double clicks it to open it doesn't show anything

can you tell us the name and extension of the document(s) ?
        Are they picture files , or document like word excel powerpoint text ?

Do you have the required program to open the document with that extension ?

Copy your files and only your files from your usb keys on windows desktop, then format your usb key and transfert the files to your usb key.