What is the best online service to build your free website?

geek girl October 6, 2010

There are a lot of websites offering a ‘make a free website’ service. I want to choose one which is offering most customization options, most storage, most reliability, most user friendliness, and most features. Which one should I go for?

1. Rithika

Free services would be worthless, as you will be provided with a limited space, bandwidth and without many other options too. It would be helpful only for the beginners. To build a quality websites, you can try with the paid services.
    You can try with Hioxindia for affordable web hosting. You can afford the hosting package relatively at a low cost.

2. Dressagediva

Another great easy to use website builder is http://www.webnode.com. It's drag and drop just like weebly and webs and the best part, its free!

3. Website Builder Review

Weebly hands down.  Jimdo is a close runner up.  But in my view, Weebly is one of the purest drag-and-drop website builder in the market.  Very user-friendly and is very intuitive to use.  I think you should be able to get it up and running in matter of a few hours.  Free website builders - absolutely awesome!  

4. Mr Lewis

Hello,

Although you may be looking for free websites, I use 123.reg for my hosting and design package.

Currently one of my sites is using a package called sitefusion, which is nice and easy to use and very similar to using free site "yola".
    SiteFusion is only £9.99 p/m which I find to be cheap and 123.reg's support people are on the phone at convenient times of the day and I find them to be very helpful.

5. Jeff

Google Sites is great if you want to create an info-intensive wiki.

6. John Doe

Google Sites or Webs both have free options

7. Lisa

I'd go with Webs. Its just as easy, has really professional looking templates, and also has a lot more capabilities via their apps.

8. Nnjathlete

I actually recommend webs.com. They are awesome, and they are constantly adding features and apps that puts them above almost everyone else.

• tom

Webs is so limited... I prefer some decent hosts with full PHP/MySQL capabilities. I used 000webhost previously, but after reading about xtreemhost.com I switched to them. They have a great plan and friendly support!

9. Cheetah

Agree ! Yola.

10. Angela_Ignite

I highly recommend Yola. Very easy to use, and if you get stuck (or if you're looking for tips to give your website a little something extra) they have a very active forum community.

I'd add Wix to the mix - ;-) - and Weebly's good. But really you should test drive them to see which one you like best. The features are similar but some have more emphasis on Flash than others and each has their own user interface. They're free so experiment to see which one makes the most sense to you.

12. geek girl

what's wrong? I ASKED webs, weebly or yola ?

I think it's better if you post this as a new question.

13. tom

I would go for xtreemhost.com as well. Easy control panel, good features, very easy script installer and sitebuilder, great uptime and friendly support!

14. geek girl

tell me which one is best among webs.com , weebly.com and yola.com ?

15. geek girl

i am asking for the easiest one with most featues....

16. Josh Fox

I would say it all depends on what type of website you want. If you only want a blog, something like WordPress.com, Tumblr, or maybe even Blogger would work for you. If you want something else or more features and options, I always suggest XtreemHost.com because they offer a free hosting package that can easily be compared to pricy paid hosting with very few exceptions. They also have a nice forum community to get support for the hosting service, help with developing your site, or other questions you might have.

17. Elvin

If you say free in online storage(or anything related) it's bad if you rely on it. If you read the terms on every free thing, it says they can remove your content, without any notice, etc. So no RELIABILITY.
    You can find decent hosting for 1/2$ / mo for a small blog/website.
    But if you still want some free hosting, try 000webhost.com. 110mb.com. Or if you want a blog go with blogger(ads, space), WordPress.com(customization), Tumblr (plain simple).
    Gl.

18. Steve Campbell

If you're looking to start a blog, use WordPress.com. For a website, Webs.com has a lot of nice features. Weebly's pretty good too.