Why has my online friends sidebar disappeared from Facebook?

Dalreen Fernando August 24, 2012

The side bar showing recent friends activities does not appear in my Facebook, why not?

1. Amel

u dont understand our problem, left hand sidebar with profile pics dont apear on my profile but someone else login it apear, i think there is problem with profile settings, i dont know what it is. THX

2. Susan Pole

The chat box that you click onto to turn chat on or off has disappeared. There is nothing at all in right hand corner except empty space.How do you get it back. Everything in your Help section doesn't help me.

3. Tashfeen

juxt zoom out.. it workd for me..

4. jitendra singh

sir, please help me i don't know where is the chatbox. and i can solve my problem of left hand side chat on friends box. please help me.

Did you tried clearing your cache,cookies,history and trying to access Facebook on updated version of your browser ?

If you click on below symbol on right hand side( [- ),then you might be able to see online friends on left hand side.

5. Mohd sayeed

i want that,when i git that information

6. Mohd sayeed

i'm missing left hand side online friends list

Try to clear your browser cache and cookies and use Facebook on updated and modern browsers like Firefox and Google chrome.

7. Caio Dias

I have the same problem, The side bar doesn't appear. If I click on the chat area it appears for a moment, but it disappears as soon as I click anywhere else. I want it to stay fixed on the side bar as before I clicked to hide it.
    Also there is no icon on the bottom of the chat, at the top just a gear icon as settings.
    Can anyone help me ??

• even

I have the exact same problem

• even

i managed to fix it by going on to my web browser settings and change the view bt zooming out. this doesnt really make it look all that smaller but appearantly provides enough space for the sidebar

• sezer

you have to right click on the friend list right below of the screen and refresh and it will all come back :)

• Margie

no nothing

8. April Eum

you can try waht alan and silviu has suggested (common problem) but sometimes, minimizing the size of your browser can make it disappear, so try expanding your browser screen as well

• Dragos

hey, I'm not that good with facebook if you can help me :)
      i had on my homepage on the left side a tab with my friends that i keep most (i think) contact with (like chat shortcuts with their profile picture like right at the bottom of the menu )
      I like it because I can see right away who is online and just leave a message. Now is just gone, and i can't find a way to put it back.
      I see you are a top genius this week and maybe you can help me with that.
      email me anytime "sadics@live.com" if you didn't got the email with this message already :)
      thank you in advance Dragos.

• Liz

I haev the same problem, how do i fix it?

9. Silviu Despa

You must have clicked the "Hide sidebar" button. Just click on the chat area( on the lower right side ) and It will appear again.

• Margie

nope didn't work

Click in the chatbox and they will appear.
    Once you have them back look just below them and you will see two icons. The one to the right is to hide the sidebar.