Can you recommend an online flash mp3 playlist with your own links?

Yousef July 17, 2010

Okay so I’m building a site on Google sites that has some music on it. I want to be able to put a bunch of songs onto a flash playlist and have them be playable. I want the songs to be from my own links as in I host the links on Dropbox, put them into the flash playlist, and then it shows up on my site and plays the songs.

I’m doing this on Google sites so I can’t upload anything directly, all I can do is embed a flash player on the site. I found one solution called divshare that host the mp3 files on their servers, the thing is that it only allows 10gb worth of download every 30 days and I fear it’s going to run out because the whole site contains a bunch of mp3 playlists that you can listen to.

The websites I’m talking about is this:
http://sites.google.com/site/8bitmetalmusic/

Hope I made sense and any help is appreciated! Thanks!

1. Jessica Cam W.

There are several ways to do this but the easiest would just be to use the Yahoo Media Player. In the webpage where you want the player to appear, you would need to put the Dropbox links to the MP3s, and then, in the same page, embed the Yahoo Media Player by adding a short line of Javascript code (when you're editing in the HTML view for your webpage). It's really simple actually. The full instructions and codes are at the official page.I see that on your website that you have several different pages with music or albums so for each page, you would just need to embed the Javascript code. The thing about the Yahoo Media Player is that you won't be able to download the song, but you could easily tell your visitors to click on the Dropbox links to download them.

There's also BooMP3 which works specially with Dropbox MP3 links and gives you the option to display the download link, but you only get a player for each link, and not a player for a whole playlist.

A few suggestions.

1. Try Playlist.com - all you have to do (with some tweaking) is signup, create a playlist, and embed the player into your site and all the songs you select on Playlist will appear in the player on your site.

2. I was looking at something similar about 5 years ago, I found something, but it was a bit of fiddling around to get working. I cannot remember the software.

3. Can you upload your music to MySpace and have a band page (if it's your own music) And then embed the player into your site (not sure if you can do that though)

If you have questions about the above, let me know

• Yousef

Hey Jack,

Thanks for replying. The playlist.com is only available in the United States so I can't join. The myspace thing won't work because it only allows a certain number of songs to be uploaded and I have a lot of songs to upload.

• Jack Cola

I didn't know Playlist.com is only for US people now. But I didn't mean that site, I meant radioblogclub.com. Give that site a go.