Is there an online file storage service that offers search and tagging features?

Joel November 3, 2011

I’m familiar with web services that allow file storage online. Is there one that can do this but allow me to tag uploads to make them very easily searchable? I am imagining doing away with a folder structure and being able to find files simply by a query process, tagging them thoroughly each time I upload them. What could help me to do this?

As much as I know, you can only download the documents from mediafire.
    image gallery is there, but you will have to download the pdf etc for viewing it.

and I saw an html file uploaded, If you save a webpage and upload it, it may not be in the same format while viewing it.
    better convert it to pdf file.

you can post links of documents as the answers with the questions for your FAQ.

• Joel Dignam

Thanks Jay, should be fine now. You've helped heaps!

You are welcome!

Hello, the link below supports tagging:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/

Mediafire.com allows exactly what you want. tags, folders and search.
    unlimited storage, drag and drop upload etc is bonus.
    just sign up. you will enjoy the simplicity.

|J|

• MARK JANZ-ARMSTRONG

Why is Media Fire better than Google & Picasa? Not convinced yet :-)

i agree. nothing wrong with google cloud

-Unlimited storage.
        -simple and user friendly interface.

-No Tags (perhaps)I just read somewhere that google docs does not support tags, which is one of the requirements of the person who asked the question.
        and

The Biggest reason : I know mediafire better, so I prefer tested things when suggesting something.

• Joel

Thanks Jay I'm checking out Mediafire and so far it seems ideal. It really nails the option to tag items and find them later by searching. So thanks for your help. If you have any ideas for how to combine this functionality with in-browser viewing, that would be great.

Re: Google Cloud, I often use Google docs for my own files and for collaborating but am looking for something with really powerful search possibilities.

I will try to find something like this, if available.
          It has image gallery, for viewing images.
          can you tell me the details about the type of files to be uploaded and the actual purpose of file storage.
          You can share the download links, if you want to share your files.
          which can be password protected also.