Have you noticed any changes since Google updated its search algorithms?

Tina February 25, 2011

Yesterday, Google announced that it updated its search algorithms to fight content farms. Apparently, this is going to affect 11.8% of its search results. More details are available on the Google Blog.

Have you noticed any changes, yet?
Do you find Google’s search results more helpful now?

Most likely Content Farms is for the benefit of the company, so they fixed it in order to recover the 35% traffic drop on Google since the update missed something with this latest change.

Google says, "Our goal is simple: to give people the most relevant answers to their queries as quickly as possible. This requires constant tuning of our algorithms, as new content—both good and bad—comes online all the time."

Hey Tina,

I saw that MUO saw about 5% increase in search traffic. So I am pretty sure there were some major changes in Google's algorithm.

3. Darkbird18x

I notice that single key words don't work as well and key content "Phrase" work better. Google webmaster site, keyword hits look real funny?

I did notice some changes in results and their ranking. Also, some of the results I used to get on certain queries are gone [or lost beyond the third result page which I rarely cross]. Maybe results and rankings have to adjust themselves to the algorithm change.

I'm not sure what to think about the update in general. It sure is an improvement for all web and content creators to get their deserved attention.
    Still, finding an aggregator for pages featuring the same core-content would cut my daily routine by 20 minutes or so.