How can I get Norton Security to integrate with Google Chrome?
Question by Ron /

Google Chrome is great! However, I have one concern in regard to internet security. I found an extension for McAfee, but cannot find one for Norton.
I have even surfed the Google Chrome forums and all I have found out is that presently Google Chrome doesn’t support Norton security.

Does anyone know how to make the Norton security program, which is provided free by my cable provider Comcast, to work with Google Chrome? Have no problems with IE or Firefox in regards to Norton.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Nick

Tested with NIS 2011:
    Nope, doesn’t work, got virus on my computer from a webpage in Google Chrome.

• pbum

It is mainly the password saver that Norton remembers so well, much better than google chrome. Chrome will usually not work with banks or credit cards to remember your log-in’s. It is a shame!

• Saikat Basu

As Steve says, if Chrome doesn’t support it officially, there’s nothing that can be done. But Norton Security provides system wide security, so there’s really no need to get an extension for Chrome exclusively, is there? You can get yourself another layer of protection with Threatfire. It works well other anti-virus programs, and people who use it have good things to say about it.

• Steve Campbell

If Google doesn’t currently support Norton, there might not be much you can do about this situation. Norton is a good enough program that if you were to ever accidentally download a file containing a virus it would immediately catch it, so I don’t think you have much to worry about. It’s pretty difficult to get a virus while surfing the web unless you are visiting some pretty sketchy sites. I think you’ll be fine.