Can a non-blogger store photos in Dropbox and how Mac friendly is it?

September 17, 2011

I’m on a Mac, heard about Dropbox and read some of the MakeUseOf articles. I don’t write a blog, but would like to store my 3000 photos on Dropbox for my sons and their families to access. Can I do this and how Mac friendly is Dropbox?

1. Yaara

What Arjun said is correct, but you should note that Dropbox doesn't offer unlimited storing space for free. If your photos are large and you have 3000 of them, you might not have enough room to put them all there at the same time.

But if you refer all your family members to Dropbox and they open an account and install it as well, you'll get more free space for each of them, which is a pretty cool deal!

Another option is to upload one album at a time, let your family enjoy it and remove it. I wouldn't use Dropbox as a permanent place to store all your pictures, unless you want to use it as a backup solution.

2. Arjun Bajaj

dropbox has a mac client. Simply install the client, copy all the photos there and it will start uploading...

Then just share the folder with your family.

Any new photos u add, will be added to their dropbox too.