How can I use my Nokia C2-01 as a modem for my laptop?
Question by Sasanka Shekhar Maharana /

How can I configure my phone and laptop to use my Nokia C2-01 phone to access the Internet?

• Starkid55

I want to use life tools for my phone

• Ahtisham

Hi everyone
    how to discoverable my nokia c2-01 mobile phone ?

• gayathri

i have pc suite software.while installing ,there is need of windows authentication certificate..pls help me how to install pc suite in my pc

• M.NAVEENKUMAR

i have compaq presario x1000 laptop,and nokia c201 mobile.I WANT TO CONNECT my phone to my laptop. what divers required to connect those. any one please replay me.

make sure internet is working on your mobile

connect your cell in nokia (pc suite/ovi) mode.
      click on connect to the internet.
      one touch access windiow will appear,
      and will show the available mobiles,
      select c2 01 and connect to internet.

How do I use my Symbian^3 device as a modem to connect my PC to internet?
      http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/support/product/c2-01/troubleshooting/?qt=Modem&comp=nokiatroubleshootingcontent&action=faqSearch&topic=Connectivity+%26+Data+transfer&subtopic=Modem+setup

You can use your Symbian^3 device (e.g. Nokia N8-00) as a modem to connect your PC or laptop to internet in the following way:
      1.Install Nokia Suite in your PC or laptop.
      2.Check that you have a SIM card inserted in your phone and that the phone is not in offline mode.
      3.Connect your phone via USB cable or Bluetooth connection to your PC or laptop (USB connection preferred because it provides a faster and more reliable connection). When connecting via USB, check that the phone is using Nokia Ovi Suite mode (check the default mode in Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB).
      4.Accept any installation requests which you may receive in your phone.
      5.In Nokia Suite, select Tools > Connect to internet.

The internet connection is now established via your phone. To disconnect, select Tools > Disconnect in Nokia Suite.

If the connection doesn’t succeed, check the connection settings in Nokia Suite menu Tools > Options > Connect to internet. Select your network operator from the list or, if not found, use the manual settings and define the access point name to be used in your operator network. You can also define the user name and password if these are required by your operator.

• ashok

i want to connect nokia c2-01with my desktop for using internet it shows no response from the host so how can i solve this problem?

• Meyleen

Dear sr.
    I would to ask you about my Nokia C2-01, clear all log call but some can’t dele, it steel on my log, how can i do?
    After i update my phone, Menu “E-mail, Store, Facebook ” can’t online.

• sok sovannara

Dear sir
    i have i question ask to you
    i want use internet in my phone Nokia C2
    for the sim I use smart mobile then i want
    to use internet but it can not allowed me use it
    Can you tell me about my question ?

Does your phone can connect to inernet ?
      If not, which sim card do you use ?
      you will have to ask your service provider to send the settings, once you save them, your phone will connect to internet, and then you can use it with your pc also.

• sok sovannara

Dear sir
    i have i question ask to you
    Can you tell me about my question ?

• Stivinn Aura

Before connecting your phone via Nokia PC/Ovi Suite, there are a few things that need to be done:

First of all, get the Packet Data settings from your service provider (you may call up the Customer Care hotline or send an SMS, eg. MO to 543210 for Airtel, or INTERNET to 52270 for Tata Docomo). When you receive the settings, save them and activate it.

Secondly, go to your phone’s Connectivity Settings > Packet Data > Edit Active Access Point > Packet Data Access Point and set the access point name (APN) for your particular network provider. 
    E.g. :
    If your network is Airtel, then its APN is airtelgprs.comFor Tata Docomo, it’s tata.docomo.internet
    You can find more by searching Google for your operator’s APN.

Finally, you install Nokia PC Suite (or Ovi Suite, downloadable from the Nokia website http://www.nokia.co.in/support/product_support/nokia-pc-suites ). Follow the simple prompts and it will install all drivers for your phone.
    When your phone has been detected and is ready to be used via Nokia Suite, click on the icon that lets you Connect to the Internet.

Choose your operator, and then click connect. In case your operator is not listed, click on Manual Settings and when it asks for Phone Number, enter *99#. You may leave the username and password fields blank. Finally, click connect.

That’s all there is to it!

click on connect to the internet.
    one touch access windiow will appear,
    and will show the available mobiles,
    select c2 01 and connect to internet.

(if it fails to connect, install all the drivers that came in a cd with phone. )

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vx-mZ3HsFyo/S1wEEhkXBbI/AAAAAAAAAIk/pPDirNhN15c/s320/01+-+Nokia+PC+Suite+Window-labeled.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vx-mZ3HsFyo/S1wELov0SYI/AAAAAAAAAI0/rGyyq949lR4/s320/03+-+One+Touch+Access+-+Modem.jpg