Can I use my Nokia 7230 as a wireless modem?

Ravi December 15, 2011

How can I connect my Nokia 7230 to my Dell laptop in order to access the Internet? I have the Internet pack on my mobile so I thought this might be possible. Thanks!

1. Gez

download and install Nokia PC suite - this can configure the connection. There's a globe icon in the app window for internet . Click this, there will be a menu of internet providers so select one. Also you need the APN - access point name - for yr provider for the phone, enter this in phone settings > connectivity > packet data.

This gave me internet access thru a usb connect/n

2. Kanniappan

How download pc suite and connect

3. akbar basha

I am having nokia model no.7230, while I open the memory card it is not displayed it shows question mark to open the memory card in the cell what i have to do. any one can explain to me.

4. Stivinn Aura

Hey Ravi!

Jay's link to the other question deals in connecting your Nokia mobile via USB cable, but it will work for you as well if you establish a Bluetooth connection between your phone and laptop (in Nokia Suite).

Here's an outline of what needs to be done:

1. Install Nokia PC/Ovi Suite on your lappy.
    2. Enable Bluetooth in your phone as well as in your laptop.
    3. Launch Nokia Suite and Add/Connect your phone. Just follow the prompts and in the connection screen, choose "via Bluetooth".
    4. Once your phone is successfully connected with your laptop in Nokia Suite, all you need to do is make sure that you have the correct internet settings in your phone. When you have them, you're ready to surf the internet on your laptop through your phone - wirelessly!

NOTE : Creating the access point in your phone's Settings > Connectivity > Packet Data > Packet Data Settings > Edit Active Access Point is VERY IMPORTANT.

If you have any doubts, or if the issue is solved, do let us know. :)

P.s. - internet speeds with the phone tethered via USB-cable is almost always faster than when connected via Bluetooth.

yes, I said connect via bluetooth in my comment, only the images show usb modem,
      rest of the things will be almost the same.
      but thanks for pointing it out, I did not notice it.

Connect your cell via bluetooth using nokia pc suite.
    It ill give let you use your internet connection from cell to dell.

Read details here :
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/nokia-c201-modem-laptop/#comment-344480769.