Why doesn’t the MakeUseOf directory work on my ASUS netbook?

Christine St Syr Griffin March 14, 2013

Hi,

I have a new Asus netbook with pre-installed Windows 8. When I go to the MUO directory of useful websites and click, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks ever so much!

1. Chinmay Sarupria

I tried to open that site in Internet Explorer 8 and it opened but didn't load fully. And that site opened in Firefox successfully.
    So i would suggest you to switch to Firefox.

open cmd window and type: ipconfig /flushdns

Firstly,try clearing cache,cookies and history of your browser.Then,disable all the extensions or plugins to see any improvements.

• christine st.syr griffin

thank you, and thats not it, sorry. thanks for helping, christine

Can you elaborate on your question a little.
    Do other links work?
    Is I.E.10 your default browser?
    Are you able to navigate around a couple of websites without any problems?

• christine st.syr griffin

Yes ie is the browser i havnt really messed with too much its less than a week old. I really have not done too much on it opened an account with usps, no problem there, navigate around amazons seller acct. Which is always a pain still no issues, and before i start messing with the system i decided to have a real techie aquantance help me set it up proper i have an appt. this morning....and i purchased MUO guide on windows 8. I am having a problem installing chrome tried twice and Ace decides to do a re-boot both times so no chrome yet.other than that this little netbook with touch seems like it will be really fun once i get it set up proper.super user friendly i find it much easier than the hp from 1 1/2 years ago i purchased and my son recently cracked the screen on. It pretty much does everything by itself, so smart it is. So that being said im willing to pay the $50 bucks an hour for help, and hope he can help figure this little puzzle out.thanks ever so much for your time, christine ...it shouldnt take more than an hour to set up right?