Why am I getting .NET Framework errors?

SaMoRaAli October 1, 2012

I’ve 3 errors with my Windows version, from couple of months the .Net\Framework64 has worked in an improper way causing these 3 errors on my Sony VAIO laptop:

1. ARA.exe – Bad Image
2. VCsystray.exe – .Net Framework Initialization Error
3. IAStornIcon.exe – .Net Framework Initialization Error

I’ve tried to remove the version of the .Net Framework but it couldn’t be uninstalled by any means and these errors are causing me some irritated actions and I can’t work!

I wanna have a clear solution of what to do and how to solve it cause I wanna install Ubuntu with my Windows!

1. Erlis Dhima

What I would recommend you is, clean uninstall all .net framework versions..
    Do a complete system scan for malwares, and than reinstall all the net framework versions.. Which I would re-download them from microsoft site!

2. hamad3914

Try to uninstall it using "Revo Uninstaller" or get the latest version from Microsoft's Website.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=17851

3. GrrGrrr

Do u have Norton Online Backup installed? From below it shows:
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\ARA.exe

http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/ara-exe

I'm also having Sony VAIO, so could help u better.

4. Jacob

ARA.exe looks like malware. Scan your system for malware. Remove it through malware antivirus programs. Uninstall the >NET Framework completely and re-install.That should do it.

5. HLJonnalagadda

Yeah .NET can be a real bother to install and uninstall as well if the installation did not go through correctly. I would suggest to start by downloading .NET 2.0, then install all versions till 4.0. This way, all the assemblies would be installed.

6. Wil Perez

Certain applications may call for a specific .Net Frame would I would try to use .NET 3.5, if issues persist, upgrade it to .NET 4.5 as the Admin of the computer.

7. salim benhouhou

or try to update your .Net Framework to the latest version which is 4.5 at :

http://www.filehippo.com/download_dotnet_framework_4/

8. Dimal Chandrasiri

first of all try to scan for possible malware.. if that''s the case, get a good virus gaud for window like MSE ( Microsoft Security Essentials ) and run a scan.

if it doesn't help, try uninstalling using a third party application while you are in safe mode in windows.

if all of these doesn't work, go for a new windows installation. :(

try this for .Net Framework
    .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

if you have trojans on your laptop try to scan with Microsoft security essentials

First, the ARA.exe file may be malware. Next, the other 2 programs appear to be legit apps on VAIO laptops, but they are always running in the background in normal mode. Your best bet on how to handle this is to boot into Safe Mode (with networking), update your AV software with the most current definitions and run a full scan removing anything suspicious that it finds. Next, install Malwarebytes, update the definitions and run a full scan with that one as well (don't activate the Pro version trial, you don't need it if you have another real-time scanner running on your system). Again, remove any crap it finds.Next, since you have not indicated what version of the .NET framework appears to be corrupt, completely remove the specific affected version of .NET (there should not be any applications running in Safe Mode that require it. You can use this tool to do so. Carefully follow the program's instructions. When asked what to remove, select ".NET Framework - All Versions". Restart the computer in normal mode, ignoring any errors about .NET being missing. Download .NET Framework 3.5 and install it. After it completes its installation (including any require reboots), repeatedly run Windows Update until no more updates are found.