My desktop PC has begun making a ‘popping’ sound, how do I remove this sound?

November 10, 2013

It seems the more I type or click the mouse the more ‘pops’ I get from the speakers. I have tried different speakers, I have upgraded Real Player. I have tried restoring the system to a previous day, Windows 7 not as good for this as XP was, fewer selections. PC is an HP w/AMD processor.

Jim,

Congratulations for your issue getting resolved.

Kindly mark your question as resolved by choosing a best comment and clicking on the tick icon present on the left side of the comment.

2. Jim

It is GONE!!!! Changed out the devices again, KB, Mouse and Speakers and the 'POP' went on it's way. My conclusion is that the offending device was the speaker set that used a USB port for it's power source, rather than an AC adapter. I will, one at a time, try to return the KB and mouse to use, listening carefully for the 'pop' sound, really like the Logitech lighted KB much better than this one.
    Thanks to all who have offered assistance it is/was very much appreciated. You are all great, thanks again!

thanks for your feedback so it is more hardware problem

3. Jim

Gary, the drivers are the latest from Logitech. So bad orts on the system board (usb) where the kb and mouse are attached would be a bummer.
    Paul in NJ, The only wireless device related to the system is a Belkin router to provide WiFi to the rest of the house from the AT&T DSL modem. And yes I have tried new everythings.
    In reading/researching the issue a recommendation was to build a 'rescue' CD that had malware removal software and boot from it before my normal AV software was operational since it is activated after Windows starts and the thought being that it was too late to stop the malware at the boot level. I have the CD built from BitDefender and will give it a shot.
    Hovsep A, I guess I don't understand how to accomplish what you suggest. How would I stop the PC if I have no device to send input to Windows? W/both kb and mouse disabled I have no input device. Do them one at a time?

4. Paul in NJ

1) Are your peripherals wireless? If so, keep in mind that they transmit signals which the speakers are receiving.

2) Regardless of the above, have you tried a different mouse and/or keyboard and/or speakers?

5. Gary

Update drivers from manufacturers website. Failing that you may have a faulty USB controller

6. Jim

Still there. Found and did just as instructed and re-started the PC, the sound is still on the PC as I type this message. It seems to be quite when the PC is idle, only 'pops' when I use the mouse or keyboard. Maybe there are not as many 'pops' now as before, but they are still there, Sorry really wished it had worked (fixed the problem).

1) go to device manager
      2) locate keyboard and mouse drivers, right click on them and choose uninstall (do not delete) reboot.
      before this operation make a windows restore point to revert back if something goes wrong.

Turn OFF Sticky Keys
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-keyboard-easier-to-use

1. Click on the Start button on the Windows 7 menu bar.
    2. From the Start menu, click on Control Panel.

3. On the Control Panel dialog, click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. On the Hardware and Sound dialog, click on Change system sounds.
    5. Click On Sound, On the Sound dialog Screen, use the scroll bar and go to event titled : Start Navigation
    6. Click on Start Navigation
    7. From the Sounds drop down select None
    8. Click OK