What is the best music production and remix tool?

Foad Adnani August 30, 2012

Too many programs like cubase Fl sonar reason and more.

But if I don’t have a midi input, like keyboard or synth tool, which program is good for me to plugin?

1. kdrolia

There are lot of choices available. Like pro tools, vegas, nuendo cubase etc. All have different capacities and values. For detailed description http://techguide4u.com/10-best-music-production-software/

2. Deimarr Callender

FL Studio it is...

3. Somaiya Ebrahim

audacity is really good

4. Krishna Vallabhaneni

Vegas does have nice filters, but just make sure your not running your file through too many softwares.

5. HLJonnalagadda

Ableton Live, my friend. I have been using it for 4 years before I finally got a synth.
    Also check out Magix.

Sound Forge and Vegas by Sony are also good for non-liner editing, but these cost a lot of money.

Check this comparison out, maybe this may be able to help you decice . http://audio-production-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

7. Vishal Mishra

I would recommend you to try audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net). It's easy, it's open-source.

• HLJonnalagadda

Audacity is awesome considering its free.

8. Erlis Dhima

I think FL Studio is a good one! Just try it!

9. fatihamzah

How about Audacity?

10. Michael Gent

We use Reason quite a bit at our studio. Also, sometimes that is combined w/ Logic or Protools.

11. Krishna Vallabhaneni

I use reason and Abelton for making dubstep but i hear that vegas has some nice filters

12. Mohit Khanna

I've only used Fruity Loops... it's good for a nice beat or something...

Here's a Song Remix created from Fruity Loops demo alone.... the full program can create pretty good music... (just found the song on google, not by me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBDpJgPVcE

13. Alan McNamara

Have you tried Audacity?
    It would be worth checking out. It's Free (donate if you want) and should cover a lot of your needs.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

14. Tim Brookes

It entirely depends on your skill level and what you're hoping to achieve. I personally absolutely love Renoise which is a music tracker. It looks complex and daunting to begin with, but it's really quite easy once you've got the hang of it. It should take you a few hours playing around and following tutorials to get to grips with the many functions, and then experimentation can produce some wonderful things.

As opposed to using a sequencer like many of the other DAWs it uses a vertically-scrolling set of instructions which you can program or play with your laptop's keyboard. This makes it a better choice for those who would like to program very technical and accurate sounds or those who aren't "playing" a keyboard. Then again, Renoise can be used in this manner also.

Once mastered I'd challenge anyone to not agree that it's quicker and easier to bang out a simple tune in Renoise than any other DAW. You can use both samples and VSTs to create your tunes, apply effects to tracks and have master mixing controls just like any other DAW. The program only costs €58 and it's free to try forever with a few limitations.

If you don't like the look of Renoise and would like an easy to learn DAW then I'd also suggest Reason. It's nowhere near as cheap ($449) and can be just as daunting but comes with just about everything you need to start making music, today. The demo is also more restrictive (by time I think) but you know, it's a pretty good piece of kit.

• Foad Adnani

i had work with reason and its bigger so mach ... but the problem is i can't find what i want for midi and in my country we dont have legal for truth ... i download a torrent reason 4 with mostly refill and with one mistake its all gone .. now i don't have good net for download and its burnin me .. but tnx for advice

• Foad Adnani

can i work with renoise with pc keyboard !

15. Emmanuel

Too be honest and makes things easier. When it comes to software, it is all boiled down to based on user preference. I would advice you to try them all out and figure out what best works for you as a user need. I would try downloading the latest copy of a demo version of FL Studio, demo version of Propellerheads Reason, trial version of Albleton Live, demo version of PreSonus Studio etc. Try each demo or trial see which on best works and meets your needs and taste. There is no such thing as one product being the best or better than the other. Every product has its pros and cons. "No product is perfect".

How ever, I would say FL Studio would be better suited for none midi keyboard as it has the ability to make music with a mouse. But like i said before its all based on user preference. Try them all out and see what you think. Another alternative is if you have a local music store like Guitar Center for an example i would go in there and try out some music production software on their computers as they usually of mac or pc computers out in the open to test out software.

Hope this helps:)

• Alan Wade

Why are you not plugging your own "so called" product Emanuel ? I smell a rat............

16. Bob

I use Reason and now it has Record with it.....not really a DAW per say but its pretty awesome for music production. It also has a demo so you can test it out. Admittedly it works better with a midi controller but it has the option to use a typing keyboard to emulate a piano keyboard.

17. CARL RAMOS

DEF LOGIC PRO ((( THE BEST ))))

PreSonus Studio One is awesome. They also have a free version available on their website.

• Emmanuel

Referring to FREE copy of Studio is not correct for anyone. As this is misleading some people. As an owner of Presonus Studio, Presonus only grants free copies of StudioOne to Educators only, You have to be an educator at an educational institute, with proof of academic status and documents to use a free license of StudioOne software.

Reguards

Check their website. It is free to anyone who want it. This is directly from their website:"Intended for beginners who don’t yet need the advanced features in Studio One™ Artist, Producer, and Professional, Studio One Free provides all of the recording and editing features needed for basic music production—and as its name implies, it’s free.

To use Studio One Free, download the Studio One installer by clicking on the link for your operating system below, install, and then click on Run the Free Version when the activation dialog comes up. You can then immediately use Studio One Free, no Internet connection or user account is required, no product key is involved, and Studio One Free will not time out.

It is also possible to start the 30-day Studio One Professional demo at any point and then return to running Studio One Free once the demo expires."

• Alan Wade

Strange that an "owner" (Emmanuel) didnt know that Bruce. Like you it read to me that there was a free version.

I actually use it. I don't have their Artist, Producer, or Professional editions since I don't need the additional functionality that those versions have (additional effects plug-ins and virtual instruments, ReWire & VST plug-ins, .mp3 import and export, etc).

19. April Eum

i would say sony vegas or fl studio though they cost a bit.

I haven't looked much into DAW software myself but from the little I played with FL Studio I believe it's nice for the beginner and freelancers especially if you don't use inputs.

If you want to get into the industry I suggest you simply ask your local peers what they use or suggest to look into it.

21. Meg Smith

My turntable - at home in the basement. LOL