Why do the music DVDs I create not play on my DVD Player?

Kiran K March 29, 2014

Why do the music DVD’s I create does not work on a DVD player?
The problem is like my DVD player plays almost all DVDs. I use Nero 10 and burn the DVDs by preforming the following steps:

1. Open nero express
  2. Create a jukebox DVD where the details show that we can play these on a DVD player
  3. Add files
  4. Click next
  5. Name my DVD and start burning
  6. I create a multi session disc (if it was a problem the DVDs which I burnt earlier using the earlier version of NERO should not have worked but that’s not the case)
  7. Finally, after burning the DVD gets ejected automatically!!

Please tell me how to rectify this problem.
Thanks in advance
:)

I agree with Dave as creating a multi-session disc is leaving the disc open like a flash drive, but mostly computers can read and write to the disc. Most DVD players and other devices would have problems trying to read these discs. Finalizing the disc, which usually is the all at once option, almost guarantees that the disc would be readable by most devices that can read the format of the DVD. Some multi-session disc work some of the time, but certain conditions must be right in order for it to work, and is not easily replicated in each case.

2. Dave P

Whether or not the earlier multi-session discs you burned worked or not, that seems to me to be the most likely cause of this problem. Try burning a disc that all in one rather than multi-session and see if it works on your DVD player. If so, then you know what the problem is/was.

3. Turnbom

your probably formatting the DVD wrong. You also may want to check if their read and write DVD's or if the DVD it's self only supports audio or files.

maybe something wrong with this DVD, try again with a new one, also try on other DVD players, sometime is ver few empty space is left on the dvd, some dvd players will not play it.