Why does MakeUseOf not use a separate login screen or window for users with a slow interent connection?

Shehan Nirmal August 18, 2012

I happened to use a slow internet connection. Whenever I try to log into MakeUseOf, the blue login box does not appear at once. I have to reload the page again and again to make the login box appear. So, why does MakeUseOf not use a login page or separated login window or something like that?

1. Nikhil Chandak

use a good browser such as Mozila
    & then log in with fb or etc in MUO
    & then try out .??

2. Amit Sinha

try alternative way of loggin in or contact the support team of makeuseof.com

3. ReĆ½ Aetar

just log in to the service (like facebook or twitter, which u use to log in to makeuseof) then try to connect it should be a little fast

• mickeblue

Why are we logging in through a 3rd party in the first place? Why not simply have a members login script on this site?

4. Alexia

Reloading the page is pointless; you're simply restarting the load. If you just wait, it will load eventually. I'm sorry you're on a slow connection, but if you wish to make use of advanced features the site offers then you do need a modern broadband connection.

A separate login would be no better; we'd just be loading the exact same remote javascript controls on a different page. Really, the best solution is just to wait; it doesn't take that long, but impatience and reloading achieves nothing.

Try using Google chrome or update to Firefox 14.0.1.You seem to be using Firefox 4.

6. sachiny009

users with slow internet can browse faster by increasing there offline storage space...