Why do MUO links no longer work?

Jimmy August 19, 2010

How come MUO links don’t work anymore. I used to be able to click on a link to get to it. Like the similar MUO links. Now if I hover my mouse over them nothing happens. Did I do something wrong? This started last week.

1. Jimmy

Thanks for the help. I'll contact AOL about this. Meanwhile, I'll use Thunderbird. Have a great day.

2. Jimmy

I am referring to the daily emails I get from MUO. I use AOLMail. But today I tried Thunderbird and it works fine. AOLMail was still not working. So maybe it's my mail or something I did Thanks for the help.

In that case it seems to be an issue with AOLMail, I am afraid we can't
      do much in this case. Glad it works in Thunderbird though. Why don't you
      try Thunderbird, it's a really good email client.

Jimmy,

We are going to look into it but need some more details to replicate the problem.

1 - Are you referring to the links in the daily email updates you receive from MUO?
    2 - When trying to click on the links are you doing it from within the AOLMail?

Aibek

4. Jimmy

I am using Firefox, but I also tried IE. Still the same thing. For example, I use AOLmail. Today under Cool websites, in the past NYC Mate maps would be blue and if I clicked on it, it sent me to that page. Now it does nothing. I tried another computer. Same thing. Sorry I'm not to computer savey. I did have an e-mail saved from June from MUO. I checked it and all the links worked (they were blue). I hope this helps but if not it's ok. I still enjoy this site.

Jimmy,

which links do you mean with 'similar links' and where on MakeUseOf? Can you please provide a specific example?

Which browser are you using and did you try to reproduce this in another browser or on another computer?

I didn't notice any malfunctioning links.