Why does MS Outlook 2010 download old RSS feed items along with new ones?

Vangelis Tatsis November 6, 2011

I use MS Outlook 2010 as a RSS feeder. When I get a new RSS feed item, I read it and then I delete it from the inbox folder or move it to specific folders for organization.
However, when Outlook downloads the new RSS feeds, it downloads the week-older items as well, which I have already deleted or moved. As a result, I have to delete older items .
Does anybody know why is this happening and how can I solve this problem?

Hello, I do not have outlook 2010.....but I have the 2007 version.  Do you mark the specific feeds as read before you delete them?  I know it is probably a shot in the dark but next time before you delete a feed try marking it as read before the deletion.  Maybe you can solve your problem that way? 

• Vangelis Tatsis

Hello Fidelis, and thank you very much for your comment. Every mark I read a feed it is being marked automatically as read anyway, so all feeds I delete are marked as read. But let me tell you this: the problem does not happen with all my rss feeds (and I have many). The problem is specifically for the Lifehacker's rss feeds. Is there a possibility that this is caused by the rss settings of the site itself?

Hello, thank you for the feedback.  If you only experience this with the one site you mentioned, it definitely has something to do with the settings for their feed.  I used to get their feed a while back but I was not using outlook like you are.  Nowadays I kinda stay away ever since the problems they had a while back with passwords and stuff.

• Vangelis Tatsis

This problem was not existed in the beginning, and I thought that I did something wrong. It was after they came up with the new layout that the problem appeared.
          Anyway, I would like to thank you for your comments and your time. Take care...

Hello, don't mention it.